- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Flax Fur Pets|
|Written by Administrator|
|Friday, 23 July 2010 17:00|
You all know how important it is to supplement our pet’s diet. While you and your vet are really the only ones who can recommend certain nutritional supplements, we want to make you aware of some great options out there.
We recently came across a new product line from Opie & Dixie that we think would be a fabulous addition to your pet’s regular diet.
Flax is an interesting plant. First it’s the richest source of lignans known. If you don’t know what a lignan is, here you go (I had to look it up too).
The word linoleic actually comes from the Greek word linon, which means flax. Lignans are natural plant compounds found not only in flaxseeds, but in beans, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Research findings are concluding that the chemicals released by these plant hormones in the body are able to block the action of certain cancer-causing substances. Because of their anti-inflammatory effects, large doses of omega 3 fatty acids have been shown beneficial in treating dogs and cats with allergies. (Opie & Dixie, 2006)
Besides the lignan and fatty acids, Flax Fur Pets has an abundance of other great ingredients including lecithin, kelp, brewers yeast, barley grass, alfalfa, and a bunch of vitamins & minerals that help everything from eyesight to hip dysplasia.
I have never met anyone more knowledgeable on all things flax than the owner of Opie & Dixie, Debbie Guardian. She’s had a long journey in creating this amazing line of products, and all of the journey centered on the complete health of her dogs, Opal and Dixie. Committed to her pups, she’s created an amazing supplement in the form of Flax Fur Pets and I strongly suggest you give it a try at home!
|Last Updated on Friday, 23 July 2010 17:21|
- FDA Warns Tear-Stain Removal Companies
- TELO-20: Extending Your Dog's Lifespan
- PetsGEEKly: Motorola Scout 66 Wi-fi Pet Monitor
- Revitamal #AntiAgingPets Supplement for All Species
- PetsGEEKly: Samsung SmartCam HD Pro
- Why You May Need to Have an Indoor Potty for Pets
- Merrick Pet Food and the #BestDogEver
- Cleaning Tips for Shedding (and Dust) Season
- Review: Only Natural Pet #PawNatural Probiotic Blend
- Traditional ID Tags for Every Pet
- Cats in the Online Gaming World
- Teaching Children to Approach Horses
- Before and After Pictures of Rescued Pets Show Inner Beauty
- Desert Dangers: The Bark Scorpion
- Titus: A Cautionary Tale
- An Ode to My Dogs
- Cashel Crusader Fly Mask Review
- Get Killed Off by George RR Martin and Help Save the Wolves
- A Recap in Pictures of BlogPaws 2014
- Escaping Domestic Abuse: Taking Your Pets With You