- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Flax Fur Pets|
|Written by Administrator|
|Friday, 23 July 2010 17:00|
You all know how important it is to supplement our pet’s diet. While you and your vet are really the only ones who can recommend certain nutritional supplements, we want to make you aware of some great options out there.
We recently came across a new product line from Opie & Dixie that we think would be a fabulous addition to your pet’s regular diet.
Flax is an interesting plant. First it’s the richest source of lignans known. If you don’t know what a lignan is, here you go (I had to look it up too).
The word linoleic actually comes from the Greek word linon, which means flax. Lignans are natural plant compounds found not only in flaxseeds, but in beans, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Research findings are concluding that the chemicals released by these plant hormones in the body are able to block the action of certain cancer-causing substances. Because of their anti-inflammatory effects, large doses of omega 3 fatty acids have been shown beneficial in treating dogs and cats with allergies. (Opie & Dixie, 2006)
Besides the lignan and fatty acids, Flax Fur Pets has an abundance of other great ingredients including lecithin, kelp, brewers yeast, barley grass, alfalfa, and a bunch of vitamins & minerals that help everything from eyesight to hip dysplasia.
I have never met anyone more knowledgeable on all things flax than the owner of Opie & Dixie, Debbie Guardian. She’s had a long journey in creating this amazing line of products, and all of the journey centered on the complete health of her dogs, Opal and Dixie. Committed to her pups, she’s created an amazing supplement in the form of Flax Fur Pets and I strongly suggest you give it a try at home!
|Last Updated on Friday, 23 July 2010 17:21|
- Our Holiday Tradition: Footed Pajamas
- PetsGeekly: Holiday Gifts for Gadget Loving Pet Parents
- Best Holiday Gifts for Dogs
- Zukes Offers Joint Support Treats (With Eggshell Membrane)!
- The Bissell Deluxe Pet PowerGlide Vacuum
- Durable Coats To Keep Pets Warm in Winter
- Clearing the Air with A BlueAir 203
- Stick-n-Find: GPS Trackers for Everything
- Unusual Gifts for People Who Love Pets
- Safe Treats for Dogs and Cats
- The Old Man and His Dog
- A Guide To Raising Butterflies
- Join us at WoofStock
- PetSafe Paw Print Blogger Summit
- Helping Those Who Help Animals with 1-800-Pet-Meds
- The Life of St. Francis of Assisi
- Close Encounters of the Furry Kind
- Lessons on Being a Writer That I Learned from my Cats
- Silly Superstitions of Scary Animals
- Wolf Superstitions