- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Flax Fur Pets|
|Written by Administrator|
|Friday, 23 July 2010 17:00|
You all know how important it is to supplement our pet’s diet. While you and your vet are really the only ones who can recommend certain nutritional supplements, we want to make you aware of some great options out there.
We recently came across a new product line from Opie & Dixie that we think would be a fabulous addition to your pet’s regular diet.
Flax is an interesting plant. First it’s the richest source of lignans known. If you don’t know what a lignan is, here you go (I had to look it up too).
The word linoleic actually comes from the Greek word linon, which means flax. Lignans are natural plant compounds found not only in flaxseeds, but in beans, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Research findings are concluding that the chemicals released by these plant hormones in the body are able to block the action of certain cancer-causing substances. Because of their anti-inflammatory effects, large doses of omega 3 fatty acids have been shown beneficial in treating dogs and cats with allergies. (Opie & Dixie, 2006)
Besides the lignan and fatty acids, Flax Fur Pets has an abundance of other great ingredients including lecithin, kelp, brewers yeast, barley grass, alfalfa, and a bunch of vitamins & minerals that help everything from eyesight to hip dysplasia.
I have never met anyone more knowledgeable on all things flax than the owner of Opie & Dixie, Debbie Guardian. She’s had a long journey in creating this amazing line of products, and all of the journey centered on the complete health of her dogs, Opal and Dixie. Committed to her pups, she’s created an amazing supplement in the form of Flax Fur Pets and I strongly suggest you give it a try at home!
|Last Updated on Friday, 23 July 2010 17:21|
- Top 10 Favorite New Products at SuperZoo
- Customizable Dog Gear from PrideBites
- Petco Introduces Home Delivery
- Motorola WIRELESSFENCE25 Wireless Pet Fence System
- Worldwise and Quaker Pet Group Merge
- InsectShield Protects Pets from Mosquitoes
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- Burned Paws, Hot Pavement, Felony Offense
- The Wonderful World of Flyball
- Kitten Rescued from Drainpipe
- FREE National Microchip Registry
- Hurricane Katrina: 10 Years Later
- The Truth About Pit Bulls
- Finding A Reptile for your Family #ReptileCare
- Who’s Your Daddy? The Case for Knowing Your Dog’s DNA
- Happy Father's Day - From the Dog
- Happy Father's Day - From the Cats