- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Flax Fur Pets|
|Written by Administrator|
|Friday, 23 July 2010 17:00|
You all know how important it is to supplement our pet’s diet. While you and your vet are really the only ones who can recommend certain nutritional supplements, we want to make you aware of some great options out there.
We recently came across a new product line from Opie & Dixie that we think would be a fabulous addition to your pet’s regular diet.
Flax is an interesting plant. First it’s the richest source of lignans known. If you don’t know what a lignan is, here you go (I had to look it up too).
The word linoleic actually comes from the Greek word linon, which means flax. Lignans are natural plant compounds found not only in flaxseeds, but in beans, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Research findings are concluding that the chemicals released by these plant hormones in the body are able to block the action of certain cancer-causing substances. Because of their anti-inflammatory effects, large doses of omega 3 fatty acids have been shown beneficial in treating dogs and cats with allergies. (Opie & Dixie, 2006)
Besides the lignan and fatty acids, Flax Fur Pets has an abundance of other great ingredients including lecithin, kelp, brewers yeast, barley grass, alfalfa, and a bunch of vitamins & minerals that help everything from eyesight to hip dysplasia.
I have never met anyone more knowledgeable on all things flax than the owner of Opie & Dixie, Debbie Guardian. She’s had a long journey in creating this amazing line of products, and all of the journey centered on the complete health of her dogs, Opal and Dixie. Committed to her pups, she’s created an amazing supplement in the form of Flax Fur Pets and I strongly suggest you give it a try at home!
|Last Updated on Friday, 23 July 2010 17:21|
- Wacky Paws' Colorful Line of Products
- Skunk-Off Eliminates Odor
- Creative Leashes For Your Dogs
- Collars with a Higher Purpose
- Soggy Doggy Doormat
- Top 10 Impressive Pet Products from Global Pet Expo
- The Honest Kitchen: A Brief Look
- Types of Collars and How to Select
- Preventing Accidental Overdose in Pets
- Stylish Winter Fashion for Pets
- Forest Ranger Shoots Family Dog
- The Rescue Rap
- Senate Bill Trains Police on Recognizing Dog Behavior
- Pet Cremation: Resources for Our Canadian Readers
- Do You Really Have The Commitment To Own A Horse?
- Journey of Woman and Her Dog Around the World
- Dog Collars Through The Ages: A Short History
- Sandy Robins Honored at Global Pet Expo 2013
- Workouts Gone Wild
- AZ Mexican Wolf Reportedly Doing Well